Sales is about creating value. Many sales people focus on completing the deal at all costs. Building value for your clients/customers must be a priority in which you must;
1. Articulate your product/service benefit/benefits
2. What makes your product/service different and of far greater value than your opposition
1. When a client/ customer purchases a product or service, they are doing so to solve a problem.
2. Can your service or product solve the client or customers problem?
3. Always be able to articulate how your product or service can provide a solution for your clients/customer’s problem
Being a good listener is one of the most overlooked sales skills. Most sales personnel spend more time talking and not enough time listening to the customer/client.
If you spend more time listening, the customer/client usually tells you everything you need to know in order to close the deal.
The sales industry has changed so much, people don’t just buy from anyone anymore.
1. People buy from people they like, or
2. From a business with values they believe in.
You need to
1. Create a database of you customers .
2. Build a community.
3. Send them a message on special days eg Birthdays
4. Get to know more about your customers/clients or potential customers/clients.
All of this can lead to customers/clients sharing their experience which in turn can lead to good qualified referrals
“If you do not believe in yourself, why should anyone else believe in you.
Be super confident in yourself.”